Sunday, May 25, 2008

Professional and Personal Ethics


Different objectives. Professional ethics are how the industry, any professional industry,should operate... personal ethics are how we ourselves should operate, not only in relation to the professional world but in our own personal, and social, spaces.

How do i define Professional and Personal Ethics ?


I've been recently stuck in this question. It might become simple stuff but applying in general life might be a little mess. This question shown up in one of my job application... , and with confident definition, I present this answer :
"For me, professional and personal ethics should be run strongly in balance. Even though personal ethics is in our private life and our private business, but in our profession, it will affect judgement and social interaction.To evaluate a person, we may look at his/her daily life for knowing discipline, effort, public speaking, that generally will support the professional way of the person in work environment. So by conclusion, personal ethics, moral is one integrity that strongly influence our professional ethics and I find it's essential."


Yet I just realize, that however attitude is represent us in our profession, though it's our private business. I think of fixing my messy life so I could be better at my work. Especially my lazy & whining butt, as my habit on delaying.

On Class


Professional ethics is that which governs your chosen profession, so it may state that you are not permitted to date a student (if u r the teacher) while that student is in your class. however, your professional ethics may have nothing SPECIFICALLY stated re: what happens ONE DAY AFTER the student is technically not "your" student anymore. Thus, you may choose to date him/her. Your personal ethics, on the other hand, may dictate otherwise. U may feel that crossing this line is ill advised, and who knows, maybe u might have this person as your student again in the future. Then there will be conflicts of interest, not to mention possible harassment charges filed if the relationship ends on a sour note.

No comments:

 
Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.comGet your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com